JOIN MYANMAR’S MOST EXCITING TEAM
Senior Program Manager – Tech for Social Change
- ● Are you passionate about technology and the potential it offers for social change?
- ● Are you excited about the potential of data for transparency and accountability?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is a community tech hub that is helping to develop the technology and innovation ecosystem in Myanmar. Our mission is to use technology to accelerate change and development. We bring the tech community together with civil society, independent media and entrepreneurs to build the apps, tools and content that Myanmar needs. We have an awesome 10,000 square feet space in the heart of downtown Yangon. We run a coworking area, an event space and we have a busy program of activities. Last year we’ve launched many new exciting initiatives, including a startup accelerator, an open data portal and a makerspace. This year, we’ve launched a series of exciting new mentoring initiatives for CSOs, journalists and entrepreneurs and launched a Digital Rights program, focused on mitigating the risks and challenges brought by greater connectivity
Phandeeyar is looking for a talented senior manager to oversee its Tech for Change efforts. You will be responsible for leading Phandeeyar’s work with Civil Society and Independent media as well as our Open Data and Mapping work.
Key responsibilities include
- ●Developing and overseeing Phandeeyar Tech for Change portfolio
- ●Mentoring and managing Phandeeyar staff supporting Phandeeyar’s data, mapping, digital advocacy, data journalism and civic tech activities
- ●Expanding and developing new partnerships with local and international partners, as well as donors
- ●Ensuring Phandeeyar meets its goals in the Tech for Change program
- ●Working with Phandeeyar’s executive team to define goals, budget and allocate resources towards the Tech for Change programs
- ●Collaborate with Phandeeyar’s Business Development & Grants team to develop new funding proposals, manage grants, report to donors and stay compliant with donor t&c
- ●Supporting other key Phandeeyar activities
- Technical Expertise– You have a strong understanding of advocacy and the potential of data to support transparency and accountability.
- Tech Evangelist– You live and breathe technology and data, and nothing gets you more excited than the opportunity to show the world how tech can be a force for positive, social impact. You have tons of ideas for improving Myanmar using technology, and you have the execution power to turn those ideas into reality.
- Program Management– You’re a self starter who takes the initiative and can mobilize resources and solve problems. You will have had experience building and managing a team and will be able to juggle multiple projects, manage donor expectations and raise funding for projects, all the while paying close attention to details.
Team Management– You will be great at working one on one with different members of the team and providing them with feedback and coaching to support them in their individual and program growth.
- Communication– You’re an excellent communicator with great written and spoken English. You will be as comfortable speaking to a group of peers as you will be pitching to an international donor or briefing tech companies.
- Location: This role is based in downtown Yangon. It will involve some travel around the country.
- Hours: Phandeeyar is a start-up community tech hub. As such, it does not have standard office hours (9am-5pm). You will often need to work evenings and weekends, however there is a “time off in lieu” policy.
- Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
- To apply: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com explaining why you are perfect for this role and attach a CV/resume (not more than two pages long).
- Note: Applicants do not need to currently be living in Myanmar. We welcome all applicants including those from the Myanmar diaspora.