JOIN MYANMAR’S MOST EXCITING TEAM
DRIVE THE GROWTH OF MYANMAR’S MOST INNOVATIVE ORGANIZATION
SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE
- ● Are you great at spotting opportunities? Do you have keen business sense?
- ● Are you good at developing partnerships and managing relationships?
- ● Are you successful in pitching new initiatives to business partners?
- ● Do you want to support the growth of the tech and innovation ecosystem in Myanmar?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an ICT hub that is accelerating the development of Myanmar’s technology and innovation ecosystem. We have an awesome 10000 square foot space in the heart of downtown Yangon. We run a co-working area, classrooms, an event space and a busy program of activities. Last year we held over 100 events, including three hackathons and a startup competition. Since 2016 we run a number of initiatives including an Accelerator for tech startups, a Makerspace for hardware hacking, an open data platform and a new training program for technology entrepreneurs.
Phandeeyar is looking for a talented professional to serve as its Business Development Associate. The Business Development Associate will be creating opportunities for Phandeeyar to grow and to increase its impact. Your job will be to help raise the money, forge the strategic partnerships and initiate the programs to support Phandeeyar’s development and expansion. This role will involve lots of interaction with external organizations, as well as close collaboration with the Business Development Manager and all parts of the Phandeeyar team. It’s a vital role: helping generate the resources to support Phandeeyar’s work.
Key responsibilities include:
- ● Help to develop and manage relationships with key partners, including developing funding pitches and concept notes.
- ● Developing strategic partnerships with corporate and development partners and to support Phandeeyar’s mission.
- ● Developing and managing Phandeeyar’s revenue streams, including consulting work, education and training programs, venue hire, co-working and more
- ● Seizing other opportunities to support Phandeeyar’s growth in business and program developing
- ● Working closely with Phandeeyar’s Business Development Manager to help manage and develop the organization
- ● Supporting other key Phandeeyar initiatives as required
Entrepreneurial – you are great at spotting and seizing opportunities. You have keen business sense and know how to evaluate opportunities. You are resourceful, creative and comfortable with uncertainty. Experience raising money (private or public) would be helpful. NOTE: Please only consider this role if you have substantial skills and experience in drafting pitch decks and concept notes in English.
Communications skills – You’re an excellent communicator with great written and spoken Myanmar and English. Excellent communication skills are especially important. You should also be able to write clearly and concisely for a wide variety of audiences.
People skills – You’ve got great people skills. You are talented at initiating, building and maintaining relationships. You can work with a wide variety of people. You have presence and can publicly represent Phandeeyar.
Generalist – You need to be comfortable working across a wide range of subjects and disciplines. You’re a quick study, who can rapidly research a topic and then speak and write about it with confidence.
Management skills – You’re awesome at getting things done. You’re a self-starter who takes the initiative and can mobilize resources and solve problems. You can juggle multiple projects, craft partnerships, raise money, lead negotiations, whilst paying close attention to details.
Passion – Phandeeyar is trying to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. It works not just with the tech community, but with change agents such as civil society groups, social enterprises and independent media. You must be excited to generate the resources necessary to support our mission.
- Location: This role is based in Yangon. It may involve some travel around the country.
- Hours: Phandeeyar is itself a start-up. Many of its activities happen outside standard office hours (9am-5pm). You will need to work some evenings and weekends, however there is a “time off in lieu” policy.
- Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
- To apply: Please send an email to email@example.com explaining why you are perfect for this role and attach a CV/resume (not more than two pages long).
- Note: Applicants do not need to currently be living in Myanmar. We welcome all applicants including those from the Myanmar diaspora.