JOIN MYANMAR’S MOST EXCITING TEAM
DRIVE THE GROWTH OF MYANMAR’S MOST INNOVATIVE ORGANIZATION
Junior Human Resources Associate
- ● Do you love working with people?
- ● Are you good at Interpersonal (people) skills to help an organization to run smooth HR?
- ● Do you want to be part of a mission-driven team that is using technology to develop Myanmar?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an innovation lab that is spearheading the use of technology to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. Phandeeyar invests in local technology startups, trains new entrepreneurs and builds the pool of tech talent. Phandeeyar also helps civic and social entrepreneurs, CSOs and independent media use technology to increase their impact and runs a co-working space out of its 10,000 square foot space located in the heart of downtown Yangon. Including Digital Rights Forum, StartUp Challenge and Accelerator Program, Phandeeyar hosted 251 events total in 2017 with more than 4,000 attendees.
Junior HR Associate is responsible for HR administrative works in the HR team, such as collecting employees data, handling monthly payroll calculation and PIT, assisting in human resource management, and general administration engaged by the order of Human Resource Manager.
Key responsibilities include:
- ● Assist with the day-to-day efficient to operations of the HR office
- ● Provide support in the on-going HR administration, update, preparation of data and reports.
- ● Maintain the staff database and update filing system in documentation process
- ● Deal with other relevant Government offices for HR related matters such as Labor office and PIT office
- ● Responsible to handle monthly payroll processes and to calculate PIT for Local and Expat
- ● Prepare the financial payment requests and monthly HR cash flow
- ● Organize meetings, trainings, workshops, special events and other related activities.
- ● Assist in the recruiting and hiring process
- ● Collecting the timesheets and updating on leaves tracker
- ●Other human resources related duties as and when required
Professional experience – At least over one year of work experience related to HR field is preferred. Degree holders with solid HR concepts are a plus.
Interpersonal (people) skills – You enjoy mentoring and helping others (people) as a team player and maintain a positive attitude and patience in challenging situations.
Trustworthy / reliable – You’ll be handling some confidential documents and important to maintain relationships with people and be trustworthy to have HR ethics of keeping confidential information.
Organizational skills – You are great at getting things done in time effectively and efficiently. You’re a self-starter who takes the initiative and can mobilize resources and solve problems. You can juggle multiple projects and you have good attention to detail.
Communications – You need to be fluent in Myanmar with solid written and spoken English and good English written skills. At a minimum, you need to have some understanding of effective oral and written communication skills as well.
Resourceful – You are great at figuring things out. We often won’t have the answer, but you’ll be good at figuring it out for yourself.
Excited about our mission – We want to work with people who are excited about what we’re doing. You don’t need to be a tech guru, but you at least need to be excited about using technology
- ● Good English skill in both written and verbal
- ● Must have an experience in calculating payroll and PIT with excel.
- ● Experience in google drive and familiar with HRIS.
- ● Location: This role is based in Yangon. It may involve some travel around the country.
- ● Hours: Phandeeyar is itself a start-up. Many of its activities happen outside standard office hours (9am-5pm). You will need to work some evenings and weekends, however there is a “time off in lieu” policy.
- ● Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
- ● To apply: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you are perfect for this role and attach a CV/resume (not more than two pages long).
- For more information please visit: