JOIN MYANMAR’S MOST EXCITING TEAM
- ● Do you love working with numbers?
- ● Are you looking to use your skills to help an organization to be smooth in Finance?
- ● Do you want to be part of a mission-driven team that is using technology to develop Myanmar?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an innovation lab that is spearheading the use of technology to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. Phandeeyar invests in local technology startups, trains new entrepreneurs and builds the pool of tech talent. Phandeeyar also helps civic and social entrepreneurs, CSOs and independent media use technology to increase their impact and runs a co-working space out of its 10,000 square foot space located in the heart of downtown Yangon. Including Digital Rights Forum, StartUp Challenge and Accelerator Program, Phandeeyar hosted 251 events total in 2017 with more than 4,000 attendees.
Phandeeyar is looking for a super energetic, well-organized and reliable professional to be its Junior Finance Associate/Cashier. The Junior Finance Associate/Cashier will be responsible for working with the Finance Manager to manage cash transactions at Phandeeyar. Your job will be to help make sure that all payments and income are processed so that Phandeeyar runs smoothly.
Key responsibilities include:
- ● Preparing Cash / Bank – payments and receipts vouchers
- ● Getting authorization for payment and receipts
- ● Making payments to direct vendors/suppliers, advances, reimbursements, and deposit sales receipts
- ● Conducting bank matter such as transferring, withdrawing and deposit to the banks and vendor payments via banks
- ● Recording in excel cash book for cash/bank payments and receipts
- ● Conducting weekly, monthly and year-end cash count
- ● Preparing the monthly advance outstanding list
- ● Reporting, Filing and uploading finance documents in Drive
- ● Supporting Finance and Account Team in every area
- ● Other responsibilities may be defined based on experience
Professional experience – At least one years of work experience related to cash management is preferred. Basic knowledge of accounting is a plus.
Trustworthy / reliable – We need to be able to count on you. The success of our activities will depend on you. You’ll be handling important relationships, expensive equipment, and money.
Organizational skills – You are great at getting things done. You’re a self-starter who takes the initiative and can mobilize resources and solve problems. You can juggle multiple projects and you have good attention to detail.
Communications – You need to be fluent in Myanmar. At a minimum, you need to have some understanding of spoken English. Ideally, you’d be able to read it and speak a little as well.
Resourceful – You are great at figuring things out. We often don’t have the answer, but you’ll be good at figuring it out for yourself.
Excited about our mission – We want to work with people who are excited about what we’re doing. You don’t need to be a tech guru, but you at least need to be excited about using technology to improve Myanmar.
- Location: This role is based in Yangon. It may involve some travel around the country.
- Hours: Phandeeyar is itself a start-up. Many of its activities happen outside standard office hours (9am-5pm). You will need to work some evenings and weekends, however, there is a “time off in lieu” policy.
- Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
- To apply: Please send an email to email@example.com explaining why you are perfect for this role and attach a CV/resume (not more than two pages long).
- Note: Applicants do not need to currently be living in Myanmar. We welcome all applicants including those from the Myanmar diaspora.