JOIN MYANMAR’S MOST EXCITING TEAM
DRIVE THE GROWTH OF MYANMAR’S MOST INNOVATIVE ORGANIZATION
- ● Are you super well organized?
- ● Do you love developing content for digital media?
- ● Are you passionate about helping organizations in Myanmar use technology to increase their impact?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an innovation lab that is spearheading the use of technology to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. Phandeeyar invests in local technology startups, trains new entrepreneurs and builds the pool of tech talent. Phandeeyar also helps civic and social entrepreneurs, CSOs and independent media use technology to increase their impact and runs a co-working space out of its 10,000 square foot space located in the heart of downtown Yangon. Including Digital Rights Forum, StartUp Challenge and Accelerator Program, Phandeeyar hosted 251 events total in 2017 with more than 4,000 attendees.
Phandeeyar is looking for a talented professional to serve as its Marketing Associate. Your job will be to help tell the digital world about everything that Phandeeyar is doing and to support other organizations to craft engaging content and campaigns to amplify their impact. Agency experience is a plus. You will be a part of Phandeeyar’s 4-person MarComms team, and you will have access to highly experienced creative and communications resources.
Key responsibilities include the following
- ● Working closely with the Communication & Marketing Manager to produce quality content for Phandeeyar’s social media, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and other communications channels including our website, blog and email program.
- ● Receiving briefs from program managers, organized and deliver the briefs to team’s creative talents.
- ● Supporting the development of key resources on how to develop engaging content for social media.
- ● Developing and supporting to create reports that reflect team’s work and result.
- ● Running workshops and trainings to develop the design skills of change agents as well as the Phandeeyar team.
- ● Supporting the other activities of Phandeeyar as required.
- ● Other responsibilities may be defined based on experience.
Given the fluid nature of Phandeeyar activities, staff may be asked to support on a variety of other tasks. Phandeeyar also encourages staff to diversify their area of expertise and take on increasing responsibilities.
- ● Excellent writer – you must be a good writer – in both English and Myanmar language. Strong writing and editing skills ,including the ability to tell a good stories that inspire people to take action.
- ● Digitally savvy – you need to be very comfortable working with social media and have a great understanding of how it works in Myanmar. At a minimum, you will have managed a Facebook page and be familiar with other social media platforms.
- ● Well organized – you need be an organized person. Manage your time effectively to meet deadlines and organize work schedules between Phandeeyar program managers and Marcomm Team.
- ● Flexible, Adaptable & Reliable – you need to be comfortable working in a fast moving, rapidly changing work environment. You need to be able to collaborate with a big, diverse team and to juggle many different projects and responsibilities, often with tight timeframes.
- ● Fast learner – you will need to be able to learn and apply lots of new skills quickly.
- ● Passion – you must be excited about the potential of technology to drive change and development in Myanmar. You’ll need to work with a broad range of groups, from tech startups to social activists and be excited to tackle issues such as hate speech and intercommunal harmony.
- Location: This role is based in Yangon. It may involve some travel around the country.
- Hours: Phandeeyar is itself a start-up. Many of its activities happen outside standard office hours (9am-5pm). You will need to work some evenings and weekends, however there is a “time off in lieu” policy.
- Remuneration/em>: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
- To apply: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you are perfect for this role and attach a CV/resume (not more than two pages long).