JOIN MYANMAR’S MOST EXCITING TEAM
- ● Do you speak fluent Myanmar language and English? (Note: this jobs require fluent Myanmar. Please do not apply if you do not speak BOTH fluent Myanmar AND English. Your application will NOT be considered)
- ● Are you a talented grant specialist ?
- ● Do you love providing support to an organization ?
- ● Are you looking to use your skills to help structure an organization?
- ● Do you want to be part of a mission-driven team that is using technology to develop Myanmar?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an innovation lab that is spearheading the use of technology to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. Phandeeyar invests in local technology startups, trains new entrepreneurs and builds the pool of tech talent. Phandeeyar also helps civic and social entrepreneurs, CSOs and independent media use technology to increase their impact and runs a co-working space out of its 10,000 square foot space located in the heart of downtown Yangon. Including Digital Rights Forum, StartUp Challenge and Accelerator Program, Phandeeyar hosted 251 events total in 2017 with more than 4,000 attendees.
This role demands a super-organized and highly reliable professional. The Grants Lead will be responsible for working closely with the business development manager to ensure that Phandeeyar successfully delivers on its responsibilities towards donors, and remains compliant with grant conditions and policies . Your job will be to managing and support the grants requirement and implementation for Phandeeyar.
Key responsibilities include:
- ● Oversee the job of invoicing, accounting, reporting, and other administrative functions to ensure successful execution of grant process
- ● Keep the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities
- ● Serve as a liaison with donors and other departments on issues regarding grants.
- ● Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs
- Oversee the preparation and timely submission of grant applications, application amendments, and budget transfers.
- ● Review contracts and liaise with donors and Phandeeyar staff to suggest improvements and ensure conditions are aligned with the scope of the project
- ● Oversee if the grants are implemented according to the operational and financial needs of the organization
- ● Help prepare financial or budget plans and allocation along with the planning and finance department in accordance with each requirement
- ● Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process
- ● Ensure compliance with the rules and regulations administered by the donor; oversee special audits conducted by donors.
- ● Perform related work as required.
Organizational skills – You are awesome at getting things done. You’re a self-starter who takes the initiative and can mobilize resources and solve problems. You can juggle multiple projects and you have good attention to detail.
Trustworthy / reliable – We need to be able to count on you. The success of our activities will depend on you. You’ll be handling important relationships, expensive equipment and money.
Resourceful – You are great at figuring things out. We often won’t have the answer, but you’ll be good at figuring it out for yourself.
Communications – You have an excellent interpersonal and presentation skills. You need to be fluent in Myanmar and English
Excited about our mission – We want to work with people who are excited about what we’re doing. You don’t need to be a tech guru, but you at least need to be excited about using technology to improve Myanmar.
- ● Experience with USAID grants management regulation (a lot of the concepts apply to other donors)
- ● A VERY detailed oriented nature
- ● Great English writing skills / editing skills
- Location: This role is based in downtown Yangon. It will involve some travel around the country.
- Hours: Phandeeyar is a start-up community tech hub. As such, it does not have standard office hours. You will often need to work evenings and weekends, however there is a “time off in lieu” policy.
- Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
- To apply: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you are perfect for this role and attach a CV/resume (not more than two pages long).
- Note: Applicants do not need to currently be living in Myanmar. We welcome all applicants including those from the Myanmar diaspora.