JOIN MYANMAR’S MOST EXCITING TEAM AND DRIVE THE GROWTH OF MYANMAR’S MOST INNOVATIVE ORGANIZATION
- ●Do you want to help in developing the new generation of tech-entrepreneurs in Myanmar?
- ●Are you excited about entrepreneurship and using technology to build new tech startups?
- ●Are you awesome at getting things done quickly and effectively?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an innovation lab that is spearheading the use of technology to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. Phandeeyar invests in local technology startups, trains new entrepreneurs and builds the pool of tech talent. Phandeeyar also helps civic and social entrepreneurs, CSOs and independent media use technology to increase their impact and runs a co-working space out of its 10,000 square foot space located in the heart of downtown Yangon. Including Digital Rights Forum, StartUp Challenge and Accelerator Program, Phandeeyar hosted 251 events total in 2017 with more than 4,000 attendees.
Phandeeyar is looking for an energetic professional to serve as its Accelerator Associate. The Accelerator Associate will work closely with the Accelerator Program Manager and Accelerator Director and to help execute Phandeeyar Accelerator programs. This includes monthly entrepreneurship meetups, Startup Challenge, Founder Institute – a flagship program to train technology entrepreneurs – as well as Phandeeyar Accelerator. Your job will be to support Phandeeyar Accelerator to be a key driver of the thriving tech startup ecosystem in Myanmar.
Key responsibilities include:
- ●Plan, implement and control entrepreneurship-related events, competitions, workshops, and meetups;
- ●Support the accelerator team and early-stage tech entrepreneurs in creating and developing tech-startups;
- ●Collaborate with new ideas for Phandeeyar to recruit and engage tech-entrepreneurs in Myanmar;
- ●Develop relationships & engage with multiple people in the ecosystem (mentors, investors, sponsors and entrepreneurs);
- ●Create and optimize digital marketing campaigns, to recruit tech-entrepreneurs for Phandeeyar Accelerator programs;
- ●Search, engage and attract high-potential tech-entrepreneurs to apply for the accelerator program.
Entrepreneurial mindset – You must have a demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship. Ideally you will have started something yourself or will have helped to create something new.
Interpersonal (people) skills - You enjoy mentoring and helping other people as a team player and maintain a positive attitude and patience in challenging situations.
Excited about tech businesses – You don’t need to be a tech guru, but you need to be excited about tech businesses. Bonus points if you already have a good knowledge and understanding of tech businesses and especially tech startups.
Awesome organizational skills – You are great at getting things done. You’re a self-starter who takes the initiative and can mobilize resources and solve problems. You can juggle multiple projects and you have good attention to detail.
Highly resourceful & adaptable – You are great at figuring things out. When we don’t have the answer, you’ll be good at figuring it out for yourself. You’re also highly flexible and are comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
Good communicator – You need to be a Myanmar language native speaker. You should also have good English, enough to be able to work in a daily-basis using the language.
Passion – Phandeeyar aims to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. It works not just with the tech and entrepreneurship community, but with change agents such as civil society groups, social enterprises and independent media. You must be excited to also use your skills to help those working on socially driven initiatives.
- ●Experience with event planning and execution;
- ●Experience in creating and optimizing digital marketing campaigns;
- ●Strong people skills, enough to be comfortable with with dealing with multiple profiles of people (mentors, investors, sponsors, entrepreneurs).
- ● Location: This role is based in Yangon. It may involve some travel around the country.
- ● Hours: Phandeeyar is itself a start-up. Many of its activities happen outside standard office hours (9am-5pm). You will need to work some evenings and weekends, however there is a “time off in lieu” policy.
- ● Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
- ● To apply: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you are perfect for this role and attach a CV/resume (not more than two pages long).
- For more information please visit: