JOIN PHANDEEYAR FINANCE TEAM
SEEKING AWESOME FINANCE PROFESSIONALS
TO JOIN MYANMAR’S MOST EXCITING TEAM
Do you speak fluent Myanmar language and English? (Note: these jobs require fluent Myanmar. Please do not apply if you do not speak BOTH fluent Myanmar AND English. Your application will NOT be considered)
- ● Are you a talented finance professional?
- ● Do you love working with numbers?
- ● Are you looking to use your skills to help scale an organization?
- ● Do you want to be part of a mission-driven team that is using technology to develop Myanmar?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an innovation lab that is spearheading the use of technology to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. Phandeeyar invests in local technology startups, trains new entrepreneurs and builds the pool of tech talent. Phandeeyar also helps civic and social entrepreneurs, CSOs and independent media to integrate technology into their work.
All of this work is supported by our Finance Team who ensures that Phandeeyar follows internationals standards and meets all the requirements of its board, investors, donors and other stakeholders.
To help support Phandeeyar’s growing team and programs, we’re expanding our Finance Team. We’re looking for super talented professionals who will bring a lean, flexible and creative approach to meeting the needs of the team. Some of the key tasks include:
●Setting up reporting for the board, investors and donors
●Developing and running immersive finance training for Phandeeyar staff and partners
●Finding innovative solutions to support Phandeeyar’s program manager
●Working with program managers to develop budgets for new initiatives
●Further developing and refining Phandeeyar’s policies
●Analyzing financial data to enable Phandeeyar be more efficient
●Preparing for and managing Phandeeyar’s audits
●And much much more!
To get the job done, we are looking to fill several roles to fill. If you see yourself filling one or more of those roles, please apply to join the team!
– Put everything in motion. Your understanding of all the functions allows you to prioritise and set clear objectives. A persuasive and confident communicator, you also know how to activate your network when you need help on a complex issue. As both a manager and a mentor, you provide financial leadership and analytical support to the other programs as well as giving your team the support they need to become financial gurus.
– Oversees the day-to-day operations of the finance department and manages financial reporting. You are the gatekeeper. You love rules, regulations and policies. You understand them, you apply them, but also you patiently explain them to the rest of the Phandeeyar team.
– On top of accounting standards. You are accurate and detailed oriented, but also, you are a well organized and structured number-crunching machine, so you even have time to help your team with specific research.
– A motivated finance generalist eager to learn all tricks of the trade. Hyper-enthusiastic, you are interested in everything related to finance – even how to complete a Form 990 for the IRS.
– Make sense of all the data (you love your Excel) and able to present the information in a clear way to provoke action (you love your powerpoint too). You use the data to look forward and you believe in continuous improvement.
All of these positions require the following skills.
– You need to have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Auditing.
– You need to have a minimum of 3 years working experience in a finance field. Experience working in an international environment is preferable. Deep understanding of one of the roles is a must.
– You’re a self-starter who takes the initiative and can mobilize resources and solve problems. You can juggle multiple projects with limited supervision, often on tight timelines and you have excellent attention to detail.
Trustworthy / reliable
– We need to be able to count on you. The success of our activities will depend on you.
– You are committed to the success of the team. You know how to work with people whose style is different from your own.
Excited about our mission
– Phandeeyar is trying to use technology to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. We want to work with people who are excited about what we’re doing. You don’t need to be a tech guru, but you at least need to be excited about using technology to improve Myanmar.
Excited about Finance (and numbers)
– We want to work with people who are excited about what they’re doing. This is a rare opportunity to grow a huge set of finance skills relevant for NGO’s and private companies. You need to be eager to challenge yourself to learn those skills.
HOW TO APPLY ?
Submit your CV to the address below
Do a walk-in interviews. Come to Phandeeyar with your resume on Mondays, Tuesdays or Fridays between 5 and 6pm, and Saturdays between 10am and 12pm. You’ll get a first interview right away!
● Location: This role is based in downtown Yangon. It may very occasionally involve some travel around the country.
● Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
● Note: We welcome all applicants including those from the Myanmar diaspora.
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an ICT Hub designed to foster social innovation, civictech and ICT4D/M4D in Myanmar. Phandeeyar brings the tech community together with civil society, social enterprises and independent media to build the apps, tools and content to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. Phandeeyar runs an Accelerator, a Makerspace, an open data platform, as well as a co-working space and programs to expand the pool of tech talent and to help organizations use technology to increase their impact.
Phandeeyar has the best view in town: it is located in the heart of downtown Yangon in an almost 6000 square foot space overlooking Mahabandoola Gardens with spectacular 360 views of the city and its surrounds.
Phandeeyar was born out of Code for Change Myanmar, which organized the country’s first-ever hackathons. These hackathons highlighted the potential for social innovation in Myanmar. Phandeeyar’s backers include the Omidyar Network, the social venture fund established by eBay founder Pierre Omidyar, the Open Society Foundations, the Schmidt Family Foundation
o understand more about what Phandeeyar does please check out our Facebook page and Twitter feed:
For more information about jobs please contact: