Tech for Peace Program Manager
- ● Are you an experienced program manager?
- ● Do you love working on big problems, and challenges?
- ● Are you passionate about helping the peace building community in Myanmar?
- ● Do you have an interest in the influence of social media on society in Myanmar?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is a tech hub that is fostering the technology and innovation ecosystem in Myanmar. Our mission is to use technology to accelerate change and development. We bring the tech community together with civil society, social enterprises and independent media to build the apps, tools and content that Myanmar needs. We have an awesome 6000 square foot space in the heart of downtown Yangon. We run a coworking area, classrooms, an event space and a busy program of activities. Last year we held 42 workshops, 36 MeetUps, 21 seminars and 10 major events, including 3 hackathons and a startup competition. Now we run a startup Accelerator, a MakerSpace, an open data platform and an education and training program. Working with civil society organizations is an integral part of what we do.
Phandeeyar is looking for an experienced leader to serve as its Tech for Peace Program Manager. The Tech for Peace Program Manager will be responsible for running Phandeeyar’s peace support programs. Your job will be to design and implement programs to help groups working to promote intercommunal harmony and advocacy efforts around the peace process to integrate technology to increase the impact of their work.
Key responsibilities includes, other duties may be assigned:
Developing and leading all of Phandeeyar’s programs and events supporting the peace community
Managing Phandeeyar staff supporting tech for peace programs and working closely with rest of Phandeeyar’s Social Impact team
Developing resources to support the development of technology for change in Myanmar.
Working closely with Phandeeyar’s Social Impact Director and supporting other key Phandeeyar initiatives.
Management skills – You have experience managing people and projects and you’re awesome at getting things done. You’re a self starter who takes the initiative and can mobilize resources and solve problems. You can build a team, juggle multiple projects, manage donor expectations, raise funding for projects, whilst paying close attention to details.
Peace Building or Civil Society experience – You must have had significant experience working with peace groups or civil society organizations in Myanmar. Alternatively, you must have had considerable experience working on campaigns or projects for development or social change.
Tech experience – You don’t need to be a tech guru, but you should have a good understanding of the potential for technology, including social media, to help the work of civil society in Myanmar. If you do not have this experience, you’ll need to strongly demonstrate an ability to rapidly understand basic benefits of technology to social change projects.
Mentoring & training skills – You will be great at working one on one with senior civil society leaders, as well as helping them work with others. You’ll also be able to develop and run workshops. Prior experience as a workshop trainer would be highly valuable.
Communications – You’re an excellent communicator with great written and spoken Burmese and good written and spoken English. You’re as comfortable speaking to a group of peers or a classroom as you are to an international donor.
Passion – Phandeeyar is trying to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. You must be excited to use your skills to help those working on socially driven initiatives.
- ● Location: This role is based in downtown Yangon. It will involve some travel around the country.
- ● Hours: Phandeeyar is a start-up community tech hub. As such, it does not have standard office hours (9am-5pm). You will need to work some evenings and weekends, however there is a “time off in lieu” policy.
- ● Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
- ● To apply: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you are perfect for this role and attach a CV/resume (not more than two pages long).
- Note: We welcome all applicants including those from the Myanmar diaspora.
To learn more about Phandeeyar and what we do, please visit.
For more information about jobs please contact: email@example.com