Social Media Program Manager
- Are you passionate about social media?
- Are you excited about harnessing Myanmar’s connectivity revolution to accelerate change and development?
- Do you want to help civil society organizations use social media to amplify their impact?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is a community tech hub that is helping to develop the technology and innovation ecosystem in Myanmar. Our mission is to use technology to accelerate change and development. We bring the tech community together with civil society, social enterprises and independent media to build the apps, tools and content that Myanmar needs. We have an awesome 6000 square foot space in the heart of downtown Yangon. We run a coworking area, classrooms and an event space and we have a busy program of activities. Last year we’ve launched many new exciting initiatives, including a startup accelerator and a makerspace. This year, we are launching a social media fellowship and a Phandeeyar labs, a civic tech pendant to the accelerator.
Phandeeyar is looking for a talented professional to run its social media program. The Social Media Program Manager will be responsible for developing and managing all of Phandeeyar’s social media initiatives. Your job will be to help civil society organizations integrate social media to amplify the impact of their work.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and leading all of Phandeeyar’s social media programs and events.
- Managing Phandeeyar staff supporting social media programs and working closely with rest of Phandeeyar’s Social Impact team
- Developing resources to help Myanmar’s CSOs take full advantage of social media
- Working closely with Phandeeyar’s Social Impact Director and supporting other key Phandeeyar initiatives.
Strong understanding of social media you need to have an excellent understanding of social media and the way it is used in the context of Myanmar. Strong content production skills (graphic, video) would be highly valuable.
Civil Society experience – You must have had experience working with civil society organizations in Myanmar. Alternatively, you must have had considerable experience working on campaigns or projects for development or social change.
Mentoring & training skills – You will be great at working one on one with senior civil society leaders, as well as helping them work with others. You’ll also be able to develop and run workshops. Prior experience as a workshop trainer would be highly valuable.
Management skills – You’re awesome at getting things done. You’re a self starter who takes the initiative and can mobilize resources and solve problems. You can build and manage a team, juggle multiple projects, manage donor expectations, raise funding for projects, whilst paying close attention to details.
Communications – You’re an excellent communicator with great written and spoken Burmese and good written and spoken English. You’re as comfortable speaking to a group of peers or a classroom as you are to an international donor.
Curious, Fast Learner social media changes rapidly. Intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn and apply lots of new skills quickly is a must.
Passion – Phandeeyar is trying to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. You must be excited to use your skills to help those working on socially driven initiatives.
Employment: This is a fulltime position.
Location: This role is based in Yangon. It will likely involve some travel around the country.
Hours: Phandeeyar is itself a start-up. Many of its activities happen outside standard office hours (9am-5pm). You will need to work some evenings and weekends, however there is a “time off in lieu” policy.
Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
○ Explain why you are perfect for this role
○ Include links to all your public social media profiles, as well as public sites/accounts that you currently manage or recently worked on
○ Attach a CV/resume (not more than two pages long).
Note: Applicants do not need to currently be living in Myanmar. We welcome all applicants including those from the Myanmar diaspora.
To learn more about Phandeeyar and what we do, please visit.
For more information about jobs please contact: email@example.com