- ● Are you passionate about helping others to succeed in their job roles?
- ● Do you enjoy detail-oriented tasks and developing creative solutions to make tasks more efficient?
- ● Do you have the skills to design and implement HR strategies to recruit new talent, encourage continuous training and development, and manage day-to-day people issues?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is a tech hub that is helping to develop the technology and innovation ecosystem in Myanmar. Our mission is to use technology to accelerate change and development. We bring the tech community together with civil society, social enterprises and independent media to build the apps, tools and content that Myanmar needs. We have an awesome 6000 square foot space in the heart of downtown Yangon. We run a co-working area, classrooms, an event space and a busy program of activities. Last year we held 42 workshops, 36 MeetUps, 21 seminars and 10 major events, including 3 hackathons and a startup competition. In 2016, we will be launching many new exciting initiatives, including launching an incubator, a tech entrepreneurship program, and a Makerspace. The Makerspace is designed to be a place for Myanmar’s hardware hacking community to come together to learn and share new skills, work on hardware-related projects, and meet like-minded people who are interested in using hardware technologies.
Phandeeyar is looking for an experienced People Leader to help us establish an HR strategy to lead and enable our team members as we scale our rapidly growing company. Working with the Operations Director, you will manage day-to-day HR programs and people issues, ensure organizational effectiveness and build a positive and productive company culture.
To thrive in this role, you should be super organized, have excellent communication skills and enjoy working with people to build capacity and skills. You should have the ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks, being able to be strategic one minute and then roll up your sleeves and look into the details the next.
Key responsibilities include:
- ● Managing Day to Day HR Operations: Handle day to day HR-related questions and help resolve work-related problems. Communicate company policies and procedures. Promote understanding of our practices through written policies and trainings. Maintain up to date employee records of all team members. Manage and track benefits provided such as annual leave and medical reimbursement.
- ● Supporting the overall People Strategy: Support management with all HR related initiatives such as performance reviews, evaluating compensation scales, performing exit interviews. Regularly update management on any personnel issues. Help build a strong and compelling culture through workshops and team building programs.
- ● Training and Development: Design and implement a performance management program to continuously assess and review the performance of our team members. Coach individual team members to be more effective in their roles. Establish a learning and development program and organize trainings, internally and externally, to continue to build skills and encourage career progression. Mediate any personnel issues such as disagreements among employees in a discrete manner.
- ● Building the Team: Oversee recruitment activities as we grow our organization. Help managers develop job descriptions, actively recruit for open positions and participate in interviews with employees. Maintain recruitment pipeline of candidates. Manage employment contracts. Lead our new team member onboarding program.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years of Human Resources or People Operations related experience, including managing a team, conducting recruitment, and designing and delivering training and learning programs. Must have strong written and verbal communication in English and Myanmar Language.
Required Skills and Competencies
● Interpersonal (people) skills – You enjoy mentoring and helping others to develop skills and become more effective. You are a team player and maintain a positive attitude and patience in challenging situations. You can exercise sound judgment and discretion and be trustworthy to maintain confidential information.
● Analytical Skills– You are able to big picture and use common sense to interpret problems and find sensible solutions. You can anticipate potential issues and come up with solutions to overcome them. You are able to remain focused when facing competing demands.
● Adaptability – You are comfortable and able to manage through frequent change. You are flexible with imagining the big picture as well as working in very detail-oriented assignments.
● Organizational skills – You are great at getting things done and taking on a variety of tasks. You’re a self-starter who takes the initiative and can mobilize resources and solve problems. You can juggle multiple projects and you have impeccable attention to detail.
● Mentoring and Training skills – Desire to seek and pass on knowledge to others is a must. You should be able to design and deliver training, given the appropriate guidance and resources. Previous mentoring experience working with others to develop their people management skills is strongly preferred.
● Basic Computer skills – You should be proficient with using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Familiarity with applications such as Google Drive, Google Docs/sheets/forms are preferred.
● Communications – You’re a strong communicator with solid written and spoken Myanmar and good written and spoken English skills. You are able to deliver presentations and trainings in both English and Myanmar language.
- Location: This role is based in Yangon. It may involve some travel around the country and internationally.
- Hours: Phandeeyar is itself a start-up. Many of its activities happen outside standard office hours (9am-5pm). You will need to work some evenings and weekends, however, there is a “time off in lieu” policy.
- Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
- To apply: Please send an email to email@example.com explaining why you are perfect for this role and attach a CV/resume (not more than two pages long).
- Note: We welcome all applicants including those from the Myanmar diaspora.
To learn more about Phandeeyar and what we do, please visit.
For more information about jobs please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org