JOIN MYANMAR’S MOST EXCITING TEAM
GRANT MANAGER – JOB DESCRIPTION
- ● Do you speak fluent Myanmar language and English? (Note: this jobs require fluent Myanmar. Please do not apply if you do not speak BOTH fluent Myanmar AND English. Your application will NOT be considered)
- ● Are you a talented grant specialist ?
- ● Do you love providing support to an organization ?
- ● Are you looking to use your skills to help structure an organization?
- ● Do you want to be part of a mission-driven team that is using technology to develop Myanmar?
OVERVIEW ABOUT PHANDEEYAR
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an ICT Hub designed to foster social innovation, civictech and ICT4D/M4D in Myanmar. Phandeeyar brings the tech community together with civil society, social enterprises and independent media to build the apps, tools and content to accelerate change and development in Myanmar.
Phandeeyar operates a co-working space and we run programs to expand the pool of tech talent and to help organizations use technology to increase their impact.
Phandeeyar has the best view in town: it is located in the heart of downtown Yangon in an almost 6000 square foot space overlooking Mahabandoola Gardens with spectacular 360 views of the city and its surrounds.
Phandeeyar was born out of Code for Change Myanmar, which organized the country’s first-ever hackathons. These hackathons highlighted the potential for social innovation in Myanmar. Phandeeyar’s backers include Internews, an international NGO that empowers people through better access to news and information, the Omidyar Network, the social venture fund established by eBay founder Pierre Omidyar, the Open Society Foundations, the Schmidt Family Foundation and Baydin
This role demands a super-organized and highly reliable professional. The Grant Manager will be responsible for working closely with the business development manager to ensure that Phandeeyar successfully delivers on its responsibilities towards donors, and remains compliant with grant conditions and policies . Your job will be to managing and support the grants requirement and implementation for Phandeeyar.
Key responsibilities include:
- ● Oversee the job of invoicing, accounting, reporting, and other administrative functions to ensure successful execution of grant process.
- ● Ensure compliance with the rules and regulations administered by the donor; oversee special audits conducted by donors.
- ● Review contracts and liaise with donors and Phandeeyar staff to suggest improvements and ensure conditions are aligned with the scope of the project
- ● Keep the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities
- ● Serve as a liaison with donors and other departments on issues regarding grants.
- ● Oversee the preparation and timely submission of grant applications, application amendments, and budget transfers.
- ● Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs.
- ● Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process.
- ● Oversee if the grants are implemented according to the operational and financial needs of the organization
- ● Help prepare financial or budget plans and allocation along with the planning and finance department in accordance with each requirement
- ● Perform related work as required.
Organizational skills– You are awesome at getting things done. You’re a self-starter who takes the initiative and can mobilize resources and solve problems. You can juggle multiple projects and you have good attention to detail.
Trustworthy / reliable– We need to be able to count on you. The success of our activities will depend on you. You’ll be handling important relationships, expensive equipment and money.
Resourceful – You are great at figuring things out. We often won’t have the answer, but you’ll be good at figuring it out for yourself.
Communications – You have an excellent interpersonal and presentation skills. You need to be fluent in Myanmar and English.
Excited about our mission– We want to work with people who are excited about what we’re doing. You don’t need to be a tech guru, but you at least need to be excited about using technology to improve Myanmar.
- ● Experience with USAID grants management regulation (a lot of the concepts apply to other donors)
- ● A VERY detailed oriented nature
- ● Great English writing skills / editing skills
● Location: This role is based in downtown Yangon. It may very occasionally involve some travel around the country.
● Hours: This is 5½ day per week job, but please note that because Phandeeyar is a community tech hub the hours will not be standard office hours (9am-5pm). We hold a lot of events in the evenings and on the weekends. Consequently you’ll often have to work late and on the weekends. However time will be given off in-lieu (to make up for this).
● Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
To understand more about what Phandeeyar does please check out our Facebook page and Twitter feed: