SEEKING AN AWESOME FINANCE PROFESSIONAL
TO JOIN MYANMAR’S MOST EXCITING TEAM
Do you speak fluent Myanmar language and English? (Note: this jobs require fluent Myanmar. Please do not apply if you do not speak BOTH fluent Myanmar AND English. Your application will NOT be considered)
- ●Are you a talented finance professional?
- ●Do you love working with numbers?
- ●Are you looking to use your skills to help scale an organization?
- ●Do you want to be part of a mission-driven team that is using technology to develop Myanmar?
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare the regulatory and donor reporting
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Consolidating and analyzing financial data, taking into account Phandeeyar’s goals and financial standing
- Assembling and summarizing data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks
- Manage and comply with local and federal governments reporting requirements and tax filings
- Additional analyst duties as necessary
- ● Location: This role is based in downtown Yangon. It may very occasionally involve some travel around the country.
- ● Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
- ● Note: We welcome all applicants including those from the Myanmar diaspora.
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an innovation lab that is spearheading the use of technology to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. Phandeeyar invests in local technology startups, trains new entrepreneurs and builds the pool of tech talent. Phandeeyar also helps civic and social entrepreneurs, CSOs and independent media to integrate technology into their work.
All of this work is supported by our Finance Team who ensures that Phandeeyar follows internationals standards and meets all the requirements of its board, investors, donors and other stakeholders.
Phandeeyar is looking for a highly talented finance professional to be its Financial Analyst. Under the supervision of the Operations Director, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for analyzing and reporting Phandeeyar activities.
Finance/Accounting qualifications – You need to have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Auditing. You have an advanced degree in Accounting.
Finance experience – You need to have a minimum of 5 years working experience in a finance field. Experience working in an international environment is preferable.
Highly organized – You’re a self-starter who takes the initiative and can mobilize resources and solve problems. You can juggle multiple projects with limited supervision, often on tight timelines and you have excellent attention to detail.
Trustworthy / reliable – We need to be able to count on you. The success of our activities will depend on you.
Team Player – You are committed to the success of the team. You know how to work with people whose style is different from your own.
Excited about our mission – Phandeeyar is trying to use technology to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. We want to work with people who are excited about what we’re doing. You don’t need to be a tech guru, but you at least need to be excited about using technology to improve Myanmar.
Excited about Finance (and numbers) – We want to work with people who are excited about what they’re doing. Also, this means that a financial analyst must be proficient in spreadsheet design that is often complex.
HOW TO APPLY ?
Submit your CV to this address : firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Phandeeyar and what we do, please visit.
facebook.com/Phandeeyar | twitter.com/Phandeeyar | instagram.com/phandeeyar/ | http://phandeeyar.org/