- ●Are you a talented Accountant ?
- ●Do you want to use your skills to support a team that is harnessing the potential of Myanmar’s connectivity revolution?
- ●Do you want to work with the tech community, civil society organizations, social enterprises and independent media to accelerate change and development in Myanmar ?
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an ICT Hub designed to foster social innovation, civictech and ICT4D/M4D in Myanmar. It is a 6000 square foot space located in the heart of downtown Yangon. Phandeeyar brings the tech community together with civil society, social enterprises and independent media to build the apps, tools and content to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. Phandeeyar operates a co-working space and it runs large events, workshops and trainings, as well as seminars and meetups. Phandeeyar is currently being incubated through the international NGO, Internews. It is in the process of being established as a local NGO. See more information below.
Phandeeyar is looking for a highly talented accounting professional to be part of its Finance Team. Under the guidelines of the Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for the completeness and correctness of financial transactions, including overseeing the transactions of Phandeeyar entities, making sure the safety of funds/ expenses, and ensuring appropriate accounting control. We expect you to enter, approve and confirm all transactions based on the fundamental accounting principles.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- ●To verify all invoices/expenses with complete supporting documents/information/signature
- ●To make sure all expenses follow Phandeeyar procedures & standards
- ●To prepare all vouchers before payment
- ●To prepare all WTR in accordance with cash plan
- ●To submit all vouchers with complete documents
- ●To prepare bank statement with actual expenditures against balance weekly and monthly
- ●Complete Bank Transactions and Bank Reconciliation
- ●Other responsibilities may be defined based on experience
You are accurate and detailed oriented, but also, you are a well organized and structured number-crunching machine, so you even have time to help your team with specific research.
You need to have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Auditing – ACCA, CIMa, or CPA is preferred. Understanding of Accrual Accounting method (US GAAP or IFRS) is also preferred.
Finance/Accounting experience – You need to have a minimum of 2 years working experience in accounting. Experience working in an international environment is preferable. Experience working with an international NGO would be ideal. Deep understanding of your field is a must.
Highly organized – You’re a self-starter who takes the initiative and can mobilize resources and solve problems. You can juggle multiple projects with limited supervision, often on tight timelines and you have excellent attention to detail.
Trustworthy / reliable – We need to be able to count on you. The success of our activities will depend on you. You’ll be managing our finances and helping manage our relationships with donors.
Tools: You are familiar with office technology and accounting software. Experience with Quickbook is plus.
Communications – You need to be fluent in both English and Myanmar.
Excited about our mission – We want to work with people who are excited about what we’re doing. You don’t need to be a tech guru, but you at least need to be excited about using technology to improve Myanmar.
- Location: This role is based in downtown Yangon. It may very occasionally involve some travel around the country.
- Hours: This is 5½ day per week job, but please note that because Phandeeyar is a community tech hub the hours will not be standard office hours (9am-5pm). We hold a lot of events in the evenings and on the weekends. You will something have to work late and on the weekends. However time will be given off in-lieu (to make up for this).
- Remuneration: Will be based on experience and qualifications and will be competitive for the sector.
- To apply: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you are perfect for this role and attach a CV/resume (not more than two pages long!).
- Deadline: Sunday 12th March 2017, but note that applications will be considered on a rolling basis so please apply as soon as you can.
- Note: We welcome all applicants including those from the Myanmar diaspora.
Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an ICT Hub designed to foster social innovation, civictech and ICT4D/M4D in Myanmar. Phandeeyar brings the tech community together with civil society, social enterprises and independent media to build the apps, tools and content to accelerate change and development in Myanmar. Phandeeyar runs an Accelerator, a Makerspace, an open data platform, as well as a co-working space and programs to expand the pool of tech talent and to help organizations use technology to increase their impact.
Phandeeyar has the best view in town: it is located in the heart of downtown Yangon in an almost 6000 square foot space overlooking Mahabandoola Gardens with spectacular 360 views of the city and its surrounds.
Phandeeyar was born out of Code for Change Myanmar, which organized the country’s first-ever hackathons. These hackathons highlighted the potential for social innovation in Myanmar. Phandeeyar’s backers include the Omidyar Network, the social venture fund established by eBay founder Pierre Omidyar, the Open Society Foundations, the Schmidt Family Foundation.
To understand more about what Phandeeyar does please check out our Facebook page and Twitter feed:
For more information about jobs please contact:
email@example.com Or take a look at http://phandeeyar.org/careers/